Thursday 31 May 2018

Towards The Tirthan Valley- A Wondrous Getaway!

Have you ever thought that being lost is your destination?
Yes, I have. For me, the key to a wonderful life is to never stop wandering into the wonders.

The pollution in Delhi was beginning to get to me and I was aching to run away to the hills, breathe some fresh air and enjoy the slow paced life. The traveller inside me was in search of an offbeat place away from the hustles of the Delhi life.

So here I was at - Tirthan valley, the lush green forests, all covered with deodar and pine woods, the best decision I ever took, I guess, while knowing very little about the place, I embarked on a journey to uncover this lesser known paradise in the immediate vicinity of Himachal Pradesh. The closer I got to Jibhi, the fonder I grew of this hidden treasure, unadulterated by the outside world, it still breathes afresh.

Here in the wilderness I dare you, ofcourse with optimistic viewpoint, to walk where you have not yet walked and notice that life is as beautiful as the dreams that dance in our imagination. We don’t have to try in getting anything out of it, because we won’t, we don’t have to try to make use of it, because we can’t. And that’s the point I believe, to just walk, see, sit down, and be. Just be, whatever one is with, with whatever one has, and realise that there is enough to be happy. There is a whole world out there, right outside our window, and we would be a fool to miss upon it.

Mudhouse experiential hostels - Where life gets a meaning. When a housing structure is built in mountains, it definitely takes a toll on the ecology.  This pretty little homestay with an attic room seems to be straight out from a fairy tale book. Since it is not on any of the main roads, it is surrounded by trees and you can easily hear the water stream just behind this homestay. I walked near to the stream, near water, the most peaceful company and place I would ever know. There I sat and stayed, with nothing and everything on my mind, cleansing my head. Nature with its silences as offering, I learned, is sometimes the most beautiful sound. 

Mudhouse has given me memories of lifetime, the opportunities to explore a better side of myself in the laps of nature, mingling along with the alike minds, exploring the parts of self existence, with lots of offerings in form of activities such as bonfire, fishing, camping, trekking, walks and the live music time, amongst many.

The taught have often showed me that great things have to be done bit by bit. Nothing that means anything happens with the blink of an eye--we only think it does. The motion of drawing back a bow and sending an arrow straight into a target takes only a split second, but it is a skill of several years in the making. So is with the life, anyone's life for that matter. I may list things that might be described as my accomplishments in these last few years, but they are only the shadows of the larger truth, the fragments separated from the whole cycle of becoming. And if I can tell an odd-time story, it is because I have spent many years walking-wayfaring-wandering about myself, listening to voices that came not just from the people but from animals, birds, streams, trees, stones, and everything wild.

For nature lovers and art enthusiasts, this place can bring the best out of you as well as enrich you in the most unimaginable way. They also have a whole lot of games in case you are travelling with friends or kids and want to spend the evening playing ludo, jenga or monopoly. My favourite part of the homestay was the fireplace where one could sit through the evenings, curled up with a book or some music.

I was thrilled that the wifi signal wasn’t great because I desperately was in a need of digital detox. I could feel my stresses just melt away and all those siestas, delicious food and restful sleep at night gave me the break I needed. I was happy, rested, satiated and felt ready to take on whatever life had in store for me.

I would suggest to not worry yourself, because as I started walking and kept walking until I no longer knew the road like the palm-lines of my hand, what I realised was that when we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the places in an outside world and back home and we often cease to understand the world around us. It is like walking in the sleep and teaching our muscles to work without thinking. Nature knows the secrets, it knows no boundaries.

The beauty of this property is that it feels like a ‘home away from home’ where you can have absolutely everything you want. The rooms were very comfortable. I was pretty upset about leaving this gorgeous place with all the warmth and hospitality that the host had to offer. 

Rahul and Anu - they stand true to their name 'experiential', the vibes of the hosts and the place around is unexpectedly amazing, the perfect host, very prompt, attentive and went out of their way to make sure all my needs were met. A truly unbeatable and unmatchable experience with the hosts. One is for sure to fall in love with the place and hosts.

I cannot wait to be back and highly recommend that you check out their soon to be opened property in Jibhi only for your next vacation with friends. It was a great place to connect with the fellow travellers. Everything is hospitable at this place and if ever you are around in this part of Himachal, do not miss out on this place.

They say Alexander- The Great slept with 'The Iliad' beneath his pillow. Though I have never led an army like him, but nevertheless, I am a wanderer. During the waning moon, I cradle Homer’s 'Odyssey' as if it were the sweet body of a woman. 


- Hardik

No comments:

Post a Comment